There is a free University medical clinic offering the following services:
- Outpatient care for acute conditions including but not limited to:
- Common infections including: Respiratory tract infections, Malaria, Urinary tract Infections, Skin Infections and Gastro-intestinal Tract Infections.
- Common injuries not requiring advanced imaging and/or reconstructive surgery
- Common acute mental health problems
- Eye infections
- Acute emergencies in chronic illnesses including; asthmatic attacks and sickle cell crisis.
- Malaria (Blood Smear and Rapid Diagnostic Test)
- Helicobacter pylori (Peptic Ulcers)
- HIV Serology
- Full blood Count
- Rheumatoid Factor (Arthritis)
- Brucella Aglutination Test
- Syphilis (TPHA, RPR, VDRL)
- Typhoid (Widal)
Conditions not covered by the University:
- Dental Care
- Visual impairment including spectacles(This excludes foreign bodies and infections)
- Sexually transmitted infections.
- Chronic infections and non-communicable diseases (NCD5)
- Advanced and poorly managed NCDs